Sunday, October 07, 2007

拈書




《The Kite Runner》By: Khaled Hosseini

It's a very touching story and it's written beautifully. Usually to help me judge whether the novel is good or not, it depends on how vivid pictures can be shown up in my mind as my eyeballs are following the lines. A genuinely fascinating story can lift my imagination into the world just depicted by the author. That's why most of the time I may prefer a book to a movie if the movie is come from a detail and well written book.

Seriously, redemption is quite a cliche if it's the only theme in a story. Fortunately, this story is not only about redemption. Well actually, I'd think that's the fake one which it doesn't seem like a redemption at all even the little boy finally got away from the sick and disgusting racist.

What a surprise to me is that before the bloody Russia's invasion in Afghanistan in70s, this nation was developing quite well or at least the country was enjoying a period of peace and prosperity in circumstances. I recalled that when there was the news images related to Afghanistan quite recent time, I had a concept that Afghanistan was such a poor country, and more or less I would think that it was because of the war between US and the Taliban. Oh, sometimes I can be a bit brainless and lazy or not really think logically. If I try to dig out my memory on the event about knocking down those giant Buddhist statues under the period of Taliban governance, I may not need this book to remind me that Afghanistan have been in suffering from the invasion by Russia to the period of Taliban governance and even now it's suffering from the conflicts between those fractious tribes.

The most impressed me is that the father figure how to support the whole movement in the story. It seems that every fatal point in the life of the son is related to the father whatever he's alive or dead after all. The dignity had been held by the father is a real touching and the most enjoying part to read, for me.

No comments: