
I was taking a nap, the phone rang...
“Hi, JK. B is here. Can you please help me to find something in the garage? My car is broken down and I need that thing to fix it. It's a black pipe like gadget with some electronic plugs. It's bigger than a coke can. And it's in a big metal box.”
"Wow...how can I find it? There're hundreds of millions things down there. OK, I will try. Hold on. "
Then I was in the garage searching for the damn thing in the dark.
"Hey, B! I can't find it. Can't even see the damn big metal box."
"OK, did you walk through the concrete wall? Don you know what I am talking about?"
"What? Where's the concrete wall. How can I walk through if there's one, gosh!"
"Well I mean behind the shelf on the right hand side. You walk through there. Get yourself behind the shelf."
"You should say so at the beginning."
Then I walked into a messy place behind the shelf.
"Can you see it? Are you there?"
"Yes, I'm still alive and I still can't see the damn thing. There's only a shelf with some plastic bins."
"......a bit far away from the shelf...... "
I kept searching for the metal box around and finally found it.
"I've found it. There're a lot of cables."
"Pull them out and look for that little coke can like thing."
I was searching for the damn thing like the homeless searching for food from the rubbish.
"Hooooh, I've found it. Is it made in Germany? There's a circular thing inside and some metal bits. Jesus, what's that? It's so dirty. My hands are all black."
"Oh, yes it is! Thank you so much! Now I will organize the delivery to my place. I am in Coromandel right now. You write down the address and the man will come to collect it in an hour. You just find a box to keep it safe. The address is ......"
"OK, is that the only thing I need to do? Pack it up and wait for the courier to come? Do I need to pay for the service?"
"Nah, I will pay for it when the courier come."
"Are you sure? I never heard that people can do that."
"No worry, just do what I said. Thank you so much. Can't imagine if you are not at home today."
"It's alright. I just get used to hearing your car is down occasionally. Good luck. "
"......See you later."
An hour later the courier came. He was a handsome man.
"Hi there."
"Hi. How are ya? Here's the stuff."
"What's it?"
"A plastic thing, I don't know exactly."
"Fine, as long as it's not the glass."
He was still standing at the door and waiting .
"So, do I need to pay?"
"Yes, it's $14 dollars thank you." Holly shit! My face turned red immediately.
"Oh, the guy who organizes the delivery would like to pay it after the delivery "
I felt so embarrassed. The whole idea was so brainless and I should not be the one to blame.
"No, you need to pay it first." The man said with a smile. The smile made me feel like I was fucking hopeless.
"Don't you mind I just run to the ATM and get some cash. Look, I am so sorry that I haven't prepared the cash." I said so with my guilty look.
The man laughed and said, "Well, nah, I don't want to wait. But I can send it for free. I can do it. I am the person who run the operation system in the office. I am not the guy who is supposed to do this pick-up job, I fill his place coz he's gone away for holidays. I can just use my free ticket. I can send it free for you."
I was in a shock with an "O" shape mouth. Believe it or not, I have no choice.
"Your phone number please? I need to give you the track number later since you can't have the receipt right now as you can't pay for it. OK?"
"Sure, the phone number is......" I felt even more embarrassed.
"Right, at 5:30pm, the track number will be informed to you."
"Thank you so much" I said with a relieved look.
"You are very welcome. Happy new year. See ya."
"Happy new year."
The man ran away...
No comments:
Post a Comment