Monday, January 28, 2008

An optician's murmuring

I hate working on Saturday. I am an optician in this brand new store selling eyewear glasses. I stand at the shop most of the time rearranging those glasses' display. Young ladies from a beach nearby are wearing shorts and bra tops walking pass and not giving a single glance at the shop at all. They are all heading to the cafes and too busy with the chit-chat. Watching myself wearing a suit in a lovely summer day is very frustrating. The pace is too slow in here without any customer. I take no enjoyment with the job at all. I try to be professional in the shop, that's why I keep rearranging whipping the glasses to waste the time.

When I am whipping up a pair of glasses, there are two young ladies approaching to me.

"Excuse me, could you help me to repair this frame?" the lady in black asks me.

Oh, finally I've got something to do. What a piece of cake for me! A nail has been lost. Soon I found a nail which could be well matched to the original size. It took me only several minutes to fix the frame. I handed it back to her after whipping the pair of glasses into shining bright.

"How much do I need to pay?" the lady asked.

"You don't have to pay. It's free." I told her.

She gave me a surprising look and told me, "Look, I'd like to pay for what you have done."

She is funny. "I am not allow to charge in this case." I told her.

She still can't believe it but have no more insistence. "Thank you very much I appreciate it. You have a nice day." She said and left with her friend.

Well, I am sure you are having a nice day, but not me. What time is it now? Only 1:00PM? SIGH..........

--------------------------------------------------
In a coffee shop, there are two young ladies chatting.

"Gosh, can you believe it? I don't need to pay up to 60 bucks for a damned nail. I never thought it could be free. Unbelievable."

"Yes, you should buy me a drink."

"Last time I paid 40 bucks for the same problem in OPSM at the mall. I NEVER go to there again. How dare they charged me 40 bucks for a tiny little nail!"

"Now you don't want to pay for the service at all. Middle-age woman!"

"Well, that's different. I would still like to pay if they could be reasonable. Like 20 bucks or something. Anyways, I learn the new reasonable price for the service in the new shop today. I might go to that shop to buy my contact lenses as well."

"Don't you notice that optician have no smile at all? How can he serve customers well?"

"I feel no offense. Come on, if I were him who working on Sat. I would be probably the same have no smile at all. I am satisfied with his service."

"That because you don't have to pay and the whole dealing is totally out of your expectation that gives you the extra sensational shopping experience. What if he charged you 40 bucks with that ill face? Are you still happy with the service?"

"Well, handsome ones can serve customers with their grumpy faces because they are still handsome. As long as they are still handsome, I am alright with that."

"You are not only having an ill face but an ill mind."

"Thank you!"

No comments: