Sunday, October 07, 2007

Food is not to blam


Psychology Today has this article about the desire for food with some biological reasons. The fact is although there's some biological reasons drive the desire for food, the saying in the article: "You see or smell the food and suddenly you are consumed with the irresistible desire for it" I totally disagree. The food can activate a region of your brain to give you pleasure and drive you to tizzy, does it mean that will seize your other brain functions at the same time? Is it really powerful even can dominate your whole mind? Suppose that I have already had a cheese cake last week then I encounter some exquisite brie cheese on sale in the supermarket, I can walk away by thinking that I cannot fit in my slim jeans if I have them this week.

Also the author of the book 《Appetite For Profit》wants to show why so many people obsess in food and why the obesity become epidemic in US because of the damned food industry. Gosh, yes indeed it's a food-filled world in the developed country. But there's nothing wrong with the cheap-junk-tasty food.It's really about the people being too stupid and let their bloody "irresistible desire for food" to dominate themselves. Brainless person like me even can regulate my diet habit and have the ability to combat the "irresistible desire", why those people can not but blaming the food industry.

People are too kind to those sitting-and-eating-all-day-long people. Using biological reasons bla bla bla bla to excuse the stupidity and the ill behaviour is not helping in the issue. From now on, stop emphasising on being politically correct, stop blaming and banning the junk food(such measure is bloody useless and money wasting, market is not the thing you can manipulate in such way), stop pretending to be the victim.

Some obese people are very proud of themselves and ask for an apology from the public of being so mean to them. Or even some so-called academic studies suggest that people who actually pointing the truth out, have stereotypes/bias/prejudice/discrimination toward those obese people. Please save this garbage.

No comments: